At What? we recognise and respect the importance of protecting the privacy of visitors to our website 'www.whatoffers.co.uk'
What data do we collect?
We collect information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you use when you use our services; perform a search on the whatoffers.co.uk; update information to your Registered Business profile; participate in surveys; or when you otherwise correspond with us.
Some of this information, such as that used to identify you, is necessary to become a whatoffers.co.uk Registered Business. The provision of all other information is voluntary but may be necessary to use our services.
This may include:
- The contact information of whatoffers.co.uk registered businesses received from a Scheme Provider for the purpose of allowing a visitor to carry out a postcode search and fulfil the services provided by whatoffers.co.uk.
- Information provided by website visitors for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications.
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used.
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions and feedback.
We may use Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website. These services generate statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies and analysis of how the site is used. This information is used to generate reports about the use of the website to improve our service delivery only. Google will store this information.
How and why do we use your personal data?
What? aims to provide the best customer experience and in order to do this, there is certain information that we require to learn about the use of our services. If you wish to change the way we use your data, you’ll find details in the ‘Your Rights’ section of this Privacy Notice.
- To respond to queries or complaints. Handling the information you send enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these communications to inform any future interaction and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout.
- To administer the website.
- To improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
- To send you our newsletter and other marketing communications that we think may be of interest to you by post or where you have specifically agreed to this by email or similar technology.
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing.
Where do we store your personal data?
What? stores your data on secure servers within the UK in line with our GDPR obligations.
How do we keep your data safe?
Sending information over the Internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data when in transit. Any data you send is at your own risk. We have procedures and security features in place to reduce the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration once we receive it.
Some of the safeguards we use to protect your information include firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls to our data centres and information access authorisation controls.
We may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent required by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this Privacy Notice, we will not provide your information to third parties.
This website contains links to other websites.
You have the right to request access to your personal information:
- The correction of your personal data when out of date, incorrect or incomplete;
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing.
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or our treatment of your personal data, including requests about your personal data, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org